Thursday, March 29, 2007

At the Great Wall, I could only think of how tedious it must have been for the soldiers who spent their entire lives sitting up there, endlessly watching the brown hills. Some of the soldiers, those recruited from the nearby areas, likely worked on the wall their entire lives and didn't know which side they were defending and which side they were defending from. I could elaborate, but suffice to say the Great Wall isn't very spectacular.

I've been relatively active, but haven't been good about documenting my movement. This weekend, I plan to go climb a mountain. I'm doing better at school, the sun is coming out, I've finally made some Chinese friends, and the paradoxes of the modern Chinese concepts of freedom and individuality are gradually becoming less muddled, yet more complex. I'm surprising myself with my initial conclusions, but have to hash out my true opinion before putting it into words. It's difficult to revise your entire conception of freedom. Sorry for being so cryptic - though this blog has recently recieved critical praise, I shouldn't rest on my laurels.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your haircut doesn't look so weird now.
Love, Lizzie

March 29, 2007 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay climbing mountains!

-Ben

April 07, 2007 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

November 10, 2008 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home